Thursday, April 30, 2009

Home sweet home

I started my day pedaling my child to his preschool with the trail bike, pedaling downtown to an appointment and pedaling back to my home office to start my work day.

I didn't have to throw together "office clothes" to change into, put on make up or pack a lunch because today is my first day working from home. I think its working out quite nicely.

We have technology in place so that my co-workers and I can communicate and collaborate as if we were all still sharing a physical space. I think I've actually talked more to my boss Edward (via ichat mostly, also phone and email) today than we usually do - but he's usually away from the office more than he is today.

I've written copy, assigned tasks, talked to clients, created estimates, and done all sorts of other ad agency type stuff today and I believe I've been pretty productive. I also got to graze all day long and, as any of my co-workers will attest, this is a BIG deal for me. I really like food and need lots of it to be happy. I have spent many a whiny day at the old physical office whinning about how hungry I was.

So, day one into this 6-month experiment is coming to close and so far so good.

Paige

1 comment:

  1. hello paige, i love your comments. VERY COOL !!

    YOU GUYS GOTTA COOL THING GO'IN ON !!

    we'll see ya for the shoot next week. looks like we got good weather.

    jeff

    ReplyDelete